Monday, July 18, 2011

The Final Mural

These are pictures of the finished mural.
It is about 100' long so it is hard to get it in one picture.
I am putting a series of pictures of the sections.

The mural wall starts out with a garden of huge flowers and the school banner. The focus of the school teaching is reflected in all of the imagery that went into the mural. We included a quote, "Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future" by John F. Kennedy. One of my favorite things I incorporated in the mural design was that every student who worked on the mural "signed" it with their hand print in the grass. While I was helping them put their hand print on the wall I asked them to remember what was around their hand print so that when they grew up they could find their hand print. I hope it is on the wall a long time!





One of the funny things that happened with the garden part of the mural is that even though the students wanted broccoli in their garden. No one wanted to paint it!





No comments: